www.consciousness.co.za is an online African History and Arts lifestyle magazine founded 2006 .Our main focus areas are on African History, Art (Visual Arts and Performing Arts), Opinion, Book Reviews, Fashion/Beauty, Black Consciousness, Pan Africanism, Biographies, Poetry, Short Stories and Interviews.
We subscribe to the principles of the African Code (http://www.africancode.org/) :
1) Truth & Justice : To practice and retain truth based foundation in all our dealings and be just and moral across the board
2) Self-Determination : To protect and promote the authentic African voice and African agency
3) Unity : To efficiently and efficiently foster Pan-African unity which creates work to create a better world for African people. To absolutely reject binarism and divisiveness. But create Pan-African tolerance and harmony. Utilize the resources and skills in our community.
4) Culture : To protect and advance the best traditions of African culture via African agency
5) Education : To promote education in self-awareness, our environment and skills needed for nation building
6) Family : To protect the family and promote the institution of equity and marriage and create safe loving homes
7) Economics : To enhance the African economic profile and ownership of Africans globally. Especially products and services Africans use, and end economic dependency. To stimulate inter-trade in the African world and create clean capital.
The Team that makes consciousness.co.za Magazine possible (past and present)